Revolution For Puppies And Kittens
Revolution for puppies and kittens is a medication designed to help your pet avoid harmful parasites. These parasites include fleas, ear mites, and heartworms; all of which can cause extremely dangerous diseases and require immediate eradication in the initial stages. If the diseases are left unattended, and they manage to spread, they may even prove fatal for your pet.
Revolution is a safe medication that is easy to use. It is found to be great for killing all parasites in the infected pet. It is used to treat internal and external parasitic infections both. Revolution for puppies is used largely to treat and prevent fleas, canine sarcoptic mange, ear mites, American dog ticks, etc. whereas Revolution for cats helps fight fleas, hookworms, and even roundworms. The medicine is also great for eradicating flea eggs in your pet.
Revolution is also found to be great to treat flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). It is also said to have an ‘umbrella effect’ which means the medicine is able to provide protection even to suckling puppies up to 7 weeks if the mother is being treated to the medicine during this period.
How to use Revolution for puppies and kittens?
Revolution is a prescription drug and needs to be used according to the direction of your veterinarian. The medicine needs to be applied to the skin directly using the applicator tube provided with it. Part the hair of the dog or cat between the shoulder blades and the base of the shoulders. Empty the contents of the applicator on that single spot. The normal dosage is once a month. Use all the contents of the tube according to your pet’s body weight. Ensure you do not split the contents as it may reduce the effectiveness of the medicine.
Revolution for puppies and Revolution for cats is differently packaged, and you need to make sure that you use the appropriate medicine for your pet. The dosage used for an animal also depends on its body weight. The dosages to be used are as follows:
- For cats that weigh 5.1-15 lbs - 45mg/0.75ml
- Cats weighing 15.1-22 lbs - 60mg/1ml
- For dogs weighing 5.1-10 lbs - 30mg/0.25ml
- Dogs about 10.1-20 lbs - 60mg/0.5ml
- Dogs that weigh 20.1-40 lbs - 120mg/1 ml
- For dogs that are 40-1-85 lbs - 240mg/2 ml
- For dogs that weigh 85.1-130 lbs - 360mg/3ml
- For dogs over 130 lbs – as advised by the vet that is usually a combination of tubes.
Revolution for puppies and kittens is safe for use in both dogs older than 6 weeks and cats over the age of at least 8 weeks. It is also safe to use in pregnant or lactating pets.
How does Revolution for puppies and kittens work?
Revolution puppy kitten medicine is rapidly absorbed through the skin and enters the bloodstream. Selamectin that is the most active ingredient of Revolution medicine prevents the development of heartworms inside the pet. It is also re-secreted onto the surface of the skin to wipe out all kinds of parasites. The medicine paralyses the development of the parasites and keeps them from growing or reproducing, eventually leading them to death. When the dead skin or hair carrying the topical medicine is shed, it is also able to kill larvae in the animal’s surroundings.
The medicine should be used throughout the flea season to prevent any infections. On the first application, it is able to remove all adult fleas and eggs. A continued application is able to prevent heartworms and other parasites as well in both cats and dogs.
What are the side effects of Revolution puppy kitten?
Revolution drug is an extremely safe medicine and almost no pets go through any allergic reactions or side effects. Regardless, it is a medicine and there might be some side effects. Possible side effects of this medicine include:
- Hair loss at the site of application
- Excess drooling
- Loss of appetite
- Less than 1% pets experience upset stomachs such as diarrhea
Cautions for using Revolution for puppies and kittens
All medications should only be used on a doctor’s recommendation. The following need to be taken care of when using Revolution for puppies and kittens.
- Administer your dog during and after applying the medicine to watch out for any allergic reactions.
- Do not apply on wet hair.
- Do not use on underage, sick, or weak pets.
- Maintain hygiene of your pet to avoid any further infections. You may bathe your pet two hours before or after the application of Revolution medicine.
- Humans should wash their hands thoroughly after applying the medication onto the pet as well as maintain a good personal hygiene to avoid contracting hookworms in your pet.
- Contact a doctor immediately if you notice any signs of allergic reactions or upset stomach in your pet.
- Do not overdose because it can lead to serious side effects.
- Not suitable for human use or consumption.
- Keep away from children and other house pets.
- Pets should be tested for heartworm before use and the medicine should not be used if the animal is heartworm positive. Remember, it is a medicine for preventing roundworms, and not for treating them.
Seeing our beloved pet healthy is what we all wish for, therefore, keeping them safe from infections and parasitic attacks is also our responsibility. Revolution medicine is an incredible product for cats and dogs infested with parasites. It is a safe medicine that can be used in already infected pets, but it can also be used to prevent any further infestations.
The medicine remains effective for 30 days and is a great medicine to treat both internal and on surface infections. Revolution for puppies and kittens is a medicine highly recommended by veterinarians because it is safe and simple. You should get your puppy or kitten Revolution medicine to save them from such harmful parasites because our pets deserve the best care!