In order to ensure that we meet and maintain our Privacy standards, we have appointed a privacy officer. Should you wish to contact us in relation to Privacy, please email us at privacy@WorldPetExpress.net
Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers' level of compliance with our code.
What information does WorldPetExpress collect? We collect different information about you at different times. There are three broad categories of information that we collect from you:
Information we require to supply our services
- When you first register with WorldPetExpress for our services we request information such as your name, address, telephone number and email. We may also ask for your age and gender.
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
Non personally identifying information.
- In addition to the information you specifically provide above, WorldPetExpress operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software. The software records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
Other demographic information. If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of WorldPetExpress products and services
How do we use personal information we have collected?
We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. WorldPetExpress does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass onto any third party any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only if:
- We are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of WorldPetExpress;
- If we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- If we sell our business or part of it; and
- In extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of WorldPetExpress's services, its web site, our staff or the public.
You may stop the delivery of future promotional email from WorldPetExpress by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
Authorization and Consent
I authorize and consent that I agree to receiving SMS (text) message notifications related to issues such as order refills and other timely updates as related to customer service. Texting STOP in reply to any of these messages will allow me to opt out of receiving them. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
WorldPetExpress has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorized to access the database. Constant changes to the internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorized intruders.
How To Access & Correct Your Personal Information
From time to time you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment which you can access through Account Admin at . To access this portion of the website, please have your CustomerID or Email ID and your password handy. This information is sent to you on the email address that you provided during sign up.
If you contact us via telephone, you will need to answer a few security questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer at privacy@WorldPetExpress.net. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.